OA LodgeMaster Users,
OA LodgeMaster will be unavailable on Monday, May 24, 2021, from 1:00 PM EDT – 6:00 PM EDT. During this time, the OA LodgeMaster team will be deploying OA LodgeMaster 4.5.1. During the maintenance window, you will not be able to login to the LodgeMaster Online Lodge Client or perform a sync in the Offline Lodge Client. You can follow the status of the maintenance on the OA status page at https://status.oa-bsa.org. Once the maintenance is complete, we will post an update to the status page. We do not expect the upgrades to take the full 6 hours. In the event we need to extend the maintenance window for an unforeseen reason, we will communicate the extended maintenance window on the OA status page.
Important notes about our OA LodgeMaster 4.5.1 release:
- We will be enabling the final three emails within the new Inductions Module. The New Member Follow-up Message, Brotherhood Eligible Message, and Brotherhood Preparation Message will be enabled as part of the 4.5.1 release. Details of these emails can be found here. Lodge Administrators should familiarize themselves with the details of these emails prior to the release.
- We will be adding a New Member Journey and Brotherhood Journey to the member portal. The New Member Journey will automatically be available for new Ordeal members who have completed their Ordeal and are not yet eligible to complete their Brotherhood. New members eligible to complete their Brotherhood will see the new Brotherhood Journey. Lodges can add custom steps to the New Member and Brotherhood Journeys from Inductions Setup. The existing content from JumpStart has been included in the new journeys.
- For Brotherhood eligible candidates the member portal will promote upcoming events where brotherhood is being offered. Brotherhood candidates will see details of the event and a link to register.
- Digital membership cards! We have added digital membership cards to the member portal for all Arrowmen. Visit the Update Your Profile page to download your membership card!
- In addition to membership cards, we have added additional profile information to the member portal. Arrowmen can now see their current dues status, unit and chapter information, and their level information.
- A new bulk invite function has been added to the member grid to allow lodge administrators to bulk invite their members to the member portal.
- Email unsubscribe links! Arrowmen can now unsubscribe from lodge emails on their own with a link included in the footer of every email. Lodge Administrators will no longer need to manually unsubscribe Arrowmen from emails.
Important Offline Lodge Client Information
Beginning in 4.5.1 the Offline Lodge Client will transition to only being available to lodges who requested offline access. If your lodge has requested offline access, please review the Offline Client Update Instructions below. If your lodge administrator did not request offline access, you will not be able to install 4.5.1. Please check with your lodge administrator if you use the offline lodge client to ensure that they have requested offline access. More information about our changes to the offline lodge client can be found here.
Offline Client Update Instructions
Offline Lodge Client users will need to sync before running the offline 4.5.1 installer. You will receive a warning message in the installer reminding you to sync before installing, this is very important, and you should make sure you have synced any changes before upgrading. Once you install and run version 4.5.1 your local database will be cleared and then updated with the new database structure and your lodge data will be downloaded again. Please let all your users know this important note. Failure to perform a sync prior to updating to 4.5.1 will result in the loss of data and the LodgeMaster team is unable to recover lost data. You can find the details of our offline client support here.
The OA LodgeMaster Team
What If I Have Questions?
Please submit a ticket via the support center if you have any questions. You can submit a ticket online (http://confluence.oa-bsa.org/display/OALMLC) or via email at email@example.com. Please do not contact a member of the LodgeMaster team directly.