OA LodgeMaster Users,
The OA LodgeMaster Team is excited to announce the immediate release of version 4.5.0! We have added two new features in this release - the brand-new inductions module and phase one of the member portal! We have also fixed eight bugs and made four minor improvements. This version also includes an update to the offline Lodge Client.
Important notes about this release:
- The new inductions module is intended to be used for your upcoming 2021 election season starting this fall or winter - lodges should plan to use the module when they begin their new election season. Lodges can also use the module for any elections you have not input or are still doing for 2020, but there is not an option to import past elections or candidates into the module.
- The inductions module for some lodges may currently default to 2020, but if you want to setup inductions for the upcoming season starting this fall or winter, make sure to change the year on the dashboard to 2021. Once you cross the start date for your new election cycle, the year will automatically default to 2021.
- The emails in the communication wizard are currently not running. We will be enabling the emails over the course of the next few weeks in batches. Lodges should begin configuring the email and letter templates now so that they are ready to go when we enable the emails. Lodges should look for the ‘Is Running’ flag to determine if we have enabled each email.
- A new email type of ‘Lodge’ has been added and existing custom email types of ‘Lodge’ have been migrated to the new system type. The lodge email is intended to be used for a lodge provided email. The lodge email is used in the new member portal in the lodge contact form and communication templates in the new induction module.
- The member portal is currently intended to only be used by newly elected candidates. Lodge Administrators can invite any member to use the portal, but the current functionality is designed for use by candidates. We would recommend that the number of non-candidates invited to the portal remains minimal and just for testing. Functionality for paying dues, registering for events, viewing membership cards, etc. will be added in 2021.
- A new single sign-on (SSO) portal has been released to support the new member portal and future apps that use the ArrowID system. Users should update their bookmarks to https://portal.oa-bsa.org.
- We would encourage everyone to review our webinar from August 19, 2020, where we demo the new inductions module as well as discuss the future of the module. The webinar slides and recording can be found here.
A full list of bug fixes can be found on the LodgeMaster Documentation site. Go to https://lodgemaster.oa-bsa.org to access the online Lodge Client, view documentation, submit support, and feature requests.
Yours in Brotherhood,
The OA LodgeMaster Team
Reminder - 2019 Lodge Performance Management Program
The 2019 Lodge Performance Management Program (PMP) requirements and forms have been loaded into LodgeMaster. Lodges can track their year-end progress in real-time with the PMP Finish Line report.
Offline Client Support Policy
Beginning on November 30, 2020, the Offline Lodge Client will transition to only being available upon request. To gain access to the Offline Lodge Client after November 30, 2020, the designated Lodge Administrators for your lodge will need to submit a request. Requests will be reviewed by the OA LodgeMaster team and access will be granted based on need. Lodge Administrators should look for an email later this week containing details on how to request offline access.
Lodge Support Emails
Later this week, the designated Lodge Administrators for each lodge will receive an email with a link to update or submit a Lodge support email. A valid lodge support email is required for each lodge by September 30, 2020. Lodge support emails are included in the footer of every email sent via LodgeMaster and the new member portal along with the name(s) of your designated Lodge Administrators.
- If you are running the offline program and have an older version (version 4.4.2 or earlier), you must upgrade to a newer version. You are no longer able to sync version 4.4.2 or earlier as of November 25, 2020. More information can be found here.
- We have a new public feature voting site! The new feature voting site is a community-driven effort to discover the needs of our users. The new platform will allow you, our users, to submit enhancement requests and new feature requests directly to the LodgeMaster Team. Other users will then be able to vote on issues and add comments on the features they want to see added. Go to: http://lodgemaster-features.oa-bsa.org and login with your ArrowID to get started today!
What If I Have Questions?
Please submit a ticket on the help desk if you have any questions. You can submit a ticket online (http://confluence.oa-bsa.org/display/OALMLC) or via email at email@example.com. Please do not contact a member of the LodgeMaster team directly.